Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

My "I Will" Commitment

I go to an amazing church. I am a Christian and my church is part of the Christian Reformed Church Denomination. The last few weeks we have been talking about "Will You" and our pastor has been challenging us to challenge ourselves to become closer with God, our family and our communities. This Sunday we are all writing our I will commitments and I wanted to share mine to inspire some of you.



For those of you interested in this challenge or want to know more about the church you can visit our church website here and listen to podcasts of the last few sermons here. To listen to the I Will sermons just scroll to the I Will section and select a podcast.

Middle of August our church passed out those little rubbery bracelets, on them it said "Radical Transformation, Will You?". The idea was to see a reminder of radically transforming your life and making way for God to change our lives. The bracelet was to be a reminder that God should be apart of all aspects in our life, especially our relationships.

My I will Commitment:

  • I will make a nightly habit of reading the bible for at least five minutes before bed every night.
    • I will take notes
    • I will apply the reading to the study guide for the week
    • I will talk about the reading with my family
  • I will take time everyday to pray and talk with God.
    • I will thank Him for all the blessings
    • I will ask for help and guidance
    • I will consult with Him on decisions and plans
  • I will step out of my comfort zone and share God with any one who cares to listen
    • I will share God with my friends and family
    • I will challenge my peers to know God
    • I will share my beliefs with people who may not agree with me
    • I will listen to others when they share their beliefs
  • I will strive to become more involved in the church and with other believers
    • I will work hard to meet people in my church and develop relationships
    • I will go to church every weekend and actively listen
    • I will work to meet others who believe in similar ideas as me
  • I will keep God first in my life, before everything else
    • I will keep time available to sit with God without distractions
    • I will work hard to live my life in a way that God would want me to live
    • I will not allow money, people, things or ideas overshadow the plans God has for me
    • I will save money from my tips to give back to the church
  • I will not just tolerate but love my neighbors
    • I will accept different cultures, beliefs and views 
    • I will remember everyone has struggles and no one has a perfect life
    • I will walk-the-walk when I offer to help or listen to my neighbors 

No comments:

Post a Comment