Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

I've learned...

I've only lived a short life when compared to some.
To others I have lived a life longer than they could dream.
I've learned to be thankful for each passing day, to remember the children who will never graduate high school, get married or have their own children.
I've learned to not be sad over temporary sorrows.
I've learned to smile even when it's hard, and that manners are a girls best accessory.
I've learned that being polite does not mean being a push over and that standing by your morals isn't always easy.
I've learned to never settle for less than I deserve and to always stay curious.
I've learned that relationships change as you grow, and your parents do care, regardless of how they show it.
I've learned to always say sorry first and to forgive easily, everyone has their own demons to fight, just because you don't see them doesn't mean they're not there.
I've learned the devil exists and tempts us everyday, but God sits in heaven and our hearts if we allow it.
I've learned praying is the best therapy and that you are never truly alone.
I've learned boredom is a state of mind, and there is always something to explore. There are a million more lessons I have yet to learn, but the most important lesson I've been taught is that there is no substitute for hard work and faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment